PowerView® Automation Works With Ok Google
Control your PowerView window treatments using just your voice with Google.
Learn how to operate your automated shades with Google
After your PowerView system is installed, you will need the following to control your shades with voice commands:
- The PowerView App, a PowerView account and a PowerView Gateway connected to your home.
- A device enabled with Google Assistant connected to your Google account.
- The Google Assistant App or the Google Home App downloaded and installed on your mobile device.
Enable integration with Google Assistant quickly and directly in the PowerView App. Simply navigate to More/Integrations/Add Integrations. Click “Enable,” sign into your appropriate account and tap “Agree”—the system does the rest.
Use Voice Commands to Control Shade Scenes
Use your voice to control your PowerView window treatments with a Google Assistant-enabled device. You can control individual shades, rooms and scenes. Simply say, “OK Google” or “Hey Google” followed by the shade, room or PowerView scene name. Examples of phrases to control your shades include:
- “OK Google, open Bedroom Left”
- “OK Google, tilt Sun Room to 25 percent”
- “Hey Google, close the shades”
- “OK Google, active Good Morning”
- Before attempting to enable Google Assistant in the PowerView App, please ensure your PowerView Gateway is connected to your system.
- Any changes made to PowerView scenes in the PowerView App, including scene names, additions and deletions, will automatically be updated in the Google Assistant/Home App.
Google and the Google Assistant are trademarks of Google LLC.
LIVE CHAT Monday-Friday 9AM-7:30PM ET