Before cleaning your Hunter Douglas cellular honeycomb shades please refer to our Care and Cleaning Guide to find excluded fabrics. Many cellular shades are specially treated to repel dust and dirt. If you have additional questions you can contact customer support at (800) 789-0331.
• Dusting: Regular, light dusting maintains a like-new appearance for most shades.
• Vacuuming: Vacuum gently with brush attachment.
• Compressed air/hair dryer: Forced air can be used to gently dust the shade.
• Spot-cleaning: Spot-clean shades with a soft cloth or sponge using warm water and mild detergent if needed. Blot gently.
• Ultrasonic cleaning: Contact a professional ultrasonic cleaning service.
• Injection/extraction cleaning: This type of cleaning injects a cleaning solution into the fabric and immediately extracts the dirt.
Methods for Removing Bugs
To prevent damage to delicate fabrics, resist the urge to use any type of stick, wand or handle to push out pests that are caught in your window shades. We recommend gently blowing them out using a can of compressed air or a hairdryer on a cool setting.
Locate a Professional Cleaner
Hunter Douglas acknowledges most professional cleaning methods as being safe and effective. We cannot, however, attest to the quality of equipment or services provided by any independent cleaning facility.
Need Additional Assistance?
Contact our customer support department at (800) 789-0331.