Hunter Douglas window fashions are available in a wide array of materials and colors in a range of opacities from sheer to opaque that offer varying degrees of privacy and light control options. Our sheers and other select styles are also specially designed to diffuse and draw light deeper into the room and illuminate your home the natural way while reducing the need for artificial (or electrical) lighting.
We measure privacy and light control on a scale from 1 to 5:
1. The first icon (rating 1) represents a sheer fabric or material that allows light to enter your room while reducing glare and softly focusing the view to the outside.
2. The second icon (rating 2) represents a fabric or material that diffuses light for a soft, screened view with moderate privacy.
3. The middle icon (rating 3) represents a fabric or material that transmits filtered light with no view through it, providing more privacy.
4. The fourth icon (rating 4) represents a fabric or material that filters more light, blocks the view and provides even more privacy.
5. The final icon (rating 5) represents a fabric or material that blocks virtually all light and provides the highest degrees of privacy and light control.
Please visit your local dealer for more details.