How do I clean my Hunter Douglas window fashions?
We design our window fashions to require minimal care and cleaning that may include regular dusting and periodic vacuuming. We create products that are dust, soil and stain resistant.
• Dusting Guidelines - Regular light dusting maintains a like-new appearance of most blinds, shades, sheers, shutters and window panels.
CAUTION: Do not use magnetic cleaners such as a dusting mitt on light-dimming fabrics. This will damage the light-dimming backing.
• Vacuuming Guidelines - Vacuum gently using the brush attachment on any vacuum cleaner. Most products may be vacuumed using a vertical stroke.
CAUTION: Do not use a brush attachment or long vertical strokes to vacuum Alustra Luminette, and Luminette Privacy Sheers, as these actions will crease the fabric.
Do not vacuum Architella Elan and Architella Elan Eclipse fabrics.
• Compressed air or hair dryer (non-heat setting) - Use to blow dust off selected window coverings.
Additional Care and Cleaning Information:
• Download Care & Cleaning brochure
• Care and cleaning guidelines are also found in the "Installation and Care Instructions" brochure for each product.
- To locate a specific product brochure, use the Product Reference Library
- Choose the name of your product from the scrolling product list.
- Select the "Installation Instructions" box for a downloadable installation guide.